This might seem a bit random but there is substance behind this post I promise. I know not all celiacs suffer from mouth ulcers but if you do then hopefully this post will be helpful.
I am now mouth ulcer free for the first time in years. I’ve seen doctors, dietitians been to tons of health food shops in search of something to help. Nothing ever did. UNTIL NOW!
This is GF, SLS and SMS free. Within 24 hours my mouth had cleared up. I also use their shower gel, scrub and moisturiser.
I still get mouth ulcers after being glutened or when I eat or drink certain things. Here are a few of the things that I believe cause them and what I do about them.
- Sugary drinks such as Coke
- Eating refined sugars
- Crisps, pretty much any type
- Too much salt
- Peanuts, plain or salted
- Using a toothpaste with SLS etc
Things that help:
- Oralmedic, available from Amazon
- Gargling with warm salt water
- Sleep with a mouth guard in. Not attractive I know but if you can’t grind your teeth then there is less inflammation and irritation
Special mention has to go to Oralmedic. This stuff is brilliant, yes it stings on application but versus the pain of mouth ulcers it is nothing.
You feel like you’ve been smacked in the mouth as it swells up a wee bit but there is instant relief. You can’t go wrong putting 4 different types of acid in your mouth. Goes without saying, read the label before you use it.